Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bad washing machine

I decided to do my laundry last night since my two roommates weren't home and we seem to need to do our laundry around the same time. So I was in my room playing a game when I decided to check if my laundry was done. As I walk to my door barefoot I feel water all over my carpet. Lucky me the washing machine leaked again. Last time it leaked was sometime after Christmas while I was still visiting my parents. Of course my room got the most water in it. The water went all the way across the little hallway we have in front of the washer and dryer into the kitchen, my room, my roommates room next to mine, a little went into both our bathrooms, and into my other roommates room that's on the other side of the machines.

I think this was around 9pm and the office at my complex was closed so I called their emergency number. One of the community advisers came to check out the damage he called a maintenance guy who called the carpet people. The maintenance guy emptied the washing machine of water and left for a few minutes until the carpet guy came. While I was waiting for the maintenance guy and carpet guy I mopped up some of the water in the kitchen and sent a text to my roommies telling them of the damage only to see the washing machine filling right back up and flooding again. One of my roommies came home same time as the carpet and maintenance guys. The carpet guy sucked up all the water in the carpet and put three loud fans and a dehumidifier in the apartment. One fan in my room and one in the room next to mine. The maintenance guy fixed the washing machine at my roommates urging (he wanted to wait until Monday). It was after midnight when they left.

I go back in my room only to find my cat come out from under my bed and scared of the fan in my room. Of course I didn't get much sleep last night. The fan was keeping me up along with my cat stalking around on and off my bed and randomly meowing at I think it was around 5 or 6 am. It is now almost 1pm and my cat has been hiding under my bed since I got up around 7. She did come out for a bit but she went right back under. Unfortunately the fans will be here for about 4 days so she had better get used to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment